Made in Germany
Concealed Mounting Hardware
No through bolts are exposed resulting a very clean, modern look
High-Grade Stainless Steel
Made from high-grade stainless steel, our modern handles are easy to care for, resistant to corrosion and environmental influences, and suitable for interior and exterior applications
Series HLL Heavy Duty lever Latch
Built using heavy-guage die cast case, the latch features high strength steel compression springs for long life & durability. Residential and ommercial applications
Reversible Handing on most models
Some models do require specified handing direction
Specifications & Dimensions
- Finish: Satin stainless steel, Dark Bronze anodized aluminum, Black anodized aluminum, Satin Nickel Plated Brass, Satin Brass Dark Oxidized
- Rosette: 2 3/16" diameter; SPECIAL Custom Door Prep= 7/8"
- Backset: Available in 2 3/8" or 2 3/4"
- Thickness: For use with 1 3/8", 1 3/4", or 2 1/4"
- Includes: Standard strike, scalp and all necessary mounting hardware
- Function: Available in passage, privacy or dummy set.
For product details please reference the specifications in the link below
What is a backset?
"Backset" refers to the distance from the center of the bore (drilling) to the edge of the door. Both US and Euro lever sets are available with either a 2 3/8" backset (standard) or 2 3/4" backset.
NOTE: Backset dimension MUST be specified.
What is a strike plate?
"Strike Plate" refers to the decorative jamb mounted receiver where the latch first makes contact.
Lever sets are provided with a "T- Strike" (standard)
NOTE: a "Lip Strike" may be substituted for Both US and Euro lever sets.
What is a 3 piece rosette?
Our modern lever sets and deadbolts have a 3 piece rosette technology. We use a steel (not plastic!) sub rosette and the outer rosette screws on (not a clip on!) ensuring a precise grip to the door without any visible screws or holes.
- Piece 1: Sub Rosette = The steel sub rosette has an easy assembly base and uses male/female fixing bolts to ensure a robust bolt through connection.
- Piece 2: Inner Rosette = The inner rosette is a spring loaded plate which holds the lever for quick assembly. The modular design accommodates all lever shapes and ensures the fittings are aligned correctly.
- Piece 3: Outer Rosette = The threaded outer rosette is screwed over the whole assembly offering a secure, safe and precise fitting. The rosette can be unscrewed when required but will not work loose in normal use.
A US size lever set vs a European size lever set
"Rosette" refers to the decorative washer connecting the knob or lever to the door.
Select from the larger 2 9/16" (RD) rosette or smaller 2 3/16" (RA,RM,RJ) rosette.
2 9/16" (RD & RS) rosette:
US lever sets are assembled with the 2 9/16" diameter rosette; this option is ideal for pre-bore (pre-drilled) door slabs. [Example A]
How do I clean my stainless steel modern levers?
We always say that if you clean your levers, (just like cleaning your car) you can prolong the finish and the life of the lever for as long as you own your home. We only use high quality stainless steel for our levers. SDH.com recommends using stainless steel cleaner at least once a month to take off any residue that may accumulate on the levers. SDH.com offers stainless steel cleaner. If you do not have any stainless steel cleaner, use hot soapy water. Please NEVER use any harsh chemicals, chlorine, bleach etc… Harsh chemicals will ruin stainless steel almost immediately.
What do the terms Passage (PAS), Privacy (PRI), and Dummy (DUM) mean?
Lever sets are available as "Passage", "Privacy", or "Dummy".
US Lever Sets
“Passage” function - is suitable for doors that do NOT require a lock
Example: closet, laundry
“Privacy” function - is suitable for doors that DO require a lock
Example: powder room, bedroom
NOTE: US lever sets are equipped with a decorative push pin on the rosette.
“Dummy” function is used for doors that do NOT require a functioning latch
Example: utility closet
How to determine the handing for modern lever, handle, and knob sets?
All of our modern door levers, handles, and knobs are reversible. You do not have to specify right or left when choosing between a passage (PAS), privacy (PRI), or dummy (DUM) set. The key component is the latch which has a rotating head to allow for a right or left hinged application.